DIMEX

High Contrast Black and White, Images where the the contrast is made so there is NO grey.

« Older   Newer »
Gee Dub
view post Posted on 27/4/2010, 20:55

High Contrast Black and White Images

A high contrast image can be created in post processing of digital images. First, convert an image from color to Black and White, then use a contrast tool to remove all grey tones. Sometimes you can leave a small amount of Grey to give a kind of old newsprint feel to the image. When Images have their color removed, balance and composition become more important. This technique can often make a image "Clearer" in that the colors do not obscure the underlying elements. Any subject can be used with this technique. Here are a few samples of some of my favorite high contrast images.

imageimage

image image

imageimage

One of the nice benefits to doing these high contrast B&W images that it's much easier to make your own prints. Anyone who has ever tried to print out digital photos on their home printer will tell you, what you see on you monitor is not the same as what you print. Also printing in B&W uses a lot less ink and costs less usually. Be careful printing on plain paper as it will soak and warp the non photographic paper.

Here is my Ipernity album with many more high contrast images.

www.ipernity.com/doc/geedub/album/42625

Edited by LUMIX Luminaries - 2/6/2010, 00:20

schouffe
view post Posted on 29/8/2010, 19:13

Very interesting, thank you.

GTD
view post Posted on 20/11/2010, 16:08

Yes, V. interesting.
I have figured out how to do the b/w ones on PS. Converting to b/w and increasing the contrast to +100 a couple times does it. But I still wonder how to go about the color ones :)

2 replies since 27/4/2010, 20:55   379 views